Is the red light source turned ON?
1. Ensure that you and the patient are eye level.
2. Be sure to have a focus target at least 10 feet in the distance. This helps to avoid accommodation. Ideal targets are mirrors.
3. Lower the lighting. Do not refract in a bright room.
4. Make sure you are holding the device properly. (see above image)
5. The device must be parallel to the plane of the patients face.
6. Starting 3 inches away from patients face, align pupil.
7. Do not bring your face towards the pupil finder. Utilize the screen to monitor the grid.
8. Once the device is against patient’s face, center grid using very small movements (laser point is small, so big movements will create misalignment quickly)
9. Hit next to move onto the next eye (OS).
10. Upon completion of refracting, you can enter patient information. Such as Name or Medical Record Number.